All orders are packed on pallets or crated depending on the size and nature of the merchandise.
All orders are shipped on 53' freight trucks. We have contracts with UPS Freight, Southeastern Freight, and Roadrunner. We shop for quotes from all of these companies, and independent truckers for each order to ensure the customer is paying the best rate. Freight is prepaid by Blue Ocean Traders and will be charged to the credit card provided before the order is shipped.
We will make an exception and ship via Fedex/UPS (small package) if that is the most economical method.
Customers may arrange for pick up of their order from our Louisville warehouse if they have an account with a trucking company.
We DO NOT drop ship or ship to residential addresses - No exceptions.
- A customer may arrange pick up from our warehouse if the order must be sent directly to their customer/client.
We must be made aware when an order is submitted if there are any special shipping requests. Please see the list below and their associated up-charges. These charges are the responsibility of the customer and will be prepaid upon delivery.
- Lift Gate - $132.50
- Appointment/Call Ahead - $48
- Inside Delivery - $95, rates may vary, contact Blue Ocean Traders for a quote
- Limited Access - $100 (on a narrow street or in an alley)
- Residential Address - $116.50 (based on zoning, this will apply if your business is in your home - WE DO NOT SHIP TO RESIDENCES, HOWEVER IF A RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS IS PROVIDED, BE PREPARED TO PAY THIS UPCHARGE AND ANY OTHER ASSOCIATED FEES - BLUE OCEAN TRADERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THESE CHARGES.)
If a customer refuses or is not present to accept a delivery, the following charges are associated with redelivery:
- Redelivery - $80 or more
- Storage fees (daily) - $15
When the freight carriers deliver shipments, their only responsibility is to move the pallet to the end of the truck for off-loading by the consignee (you, the customer). Truck drivers will not take the pallet off the truck, unwrap it, or bring it into a store/business. That is the responsibility of the consignee.
Average freight costs run around 18% nationwide. This rate will vary as gas/fuel surcharges fluctuate. This rate also varies according the weight, density, and distance the pallet will be travelling in correlation with the dollar amount of the order. We will contact customers for approval if freight quotes are 25% or above.
Please contact Blue Ocean Traders with any shipping questions.